Specialized S-Works Tarmac SL7 Frameset Description:
Why should you be forced to choose between aerodynamics and weight, between ride quality and speed? It’s simple, you shouldn’t. Enter the Tarmac SL7—climb on the lightest bike the UCI allows, then descend on the fastest. Specialized utilized their most advanced technology, from their FreeFoil Shape Library to an all-new Rider-First Engineered frame, to deliver a race bike that is truly without compromise. The days of making sacrifices between “aero” and “lightweight” bikes are over—the Tarmac is the fastest race bike, ever. One bike to rule them all.
The Satin Carbon/Jet Fuel colorway is the lightest finish Specialized offers on an S-Works Tarmac SL7 Frameset. It’s also the perfect canvas if you are craving custom paint. This is a RTP—Ready To Paint—colorway, allowing you to imagine the build, colors, and design of your dreams, then work with a custom painter to make it a reality.
Note: Keep in mind that when you modify the paint and/or graphics on your Tarmac, the limited warranty provided by Specialized will no longer cover your paint and graphics.
- “Aero is everything”: In a quest for tube shapes that deliver the fastest frame that the UCI rules allow, Specialized took a page out of the Venge development book. The result? A Tarmac that’s the fastest they ever tested—45 seconds faster over 40km than the Tarmac SL6 (built with Aerofly II handlebars, sold separately). No compromises, just pure speed.
- The Tarmac SL7 design philosophy was simple; keep it at, or below, the UCI weight limit out of the box, with no sacrifices to aerodynamics. With the help of the FreeFoil Shape Library, tools like isotopic FEA analysis, and some engineering wizardry by the best engineers in the industry, Specialzied delivered a frame that weighs a mere 800 grams, without giving up a gram of aero, stiffness or ride quality.
- Rider-First Engineered: Ensures that the new Tarmac is the most balanced, best handling Tarmac yet—no matter the size. With a quiver of the world’s best test riders, Specialized made changes to the Tarmac based on thousands of kilometers of real on road riding and feedback. They balanced the ride quality between the front and rear end, so even the longest days in the saddle continue to be comfortable—all without giving up any of the Tarmac’s legendary handling and race-winning snappiness.
- Building on the aero reputation from the Venge, the Tarmac utilizes simple integration to create a clean, fast cockpit that’s easy to live with. Improved routing for any configuration — mechanical shifting, traditional stems, round bars, etc. — all while keeping its aerodynamic attributes. These same traits also make the Tarmac easy to work on and easy to travel with. It’s a win-win.
- The Satin Carbon/Jet Fuel colorway is ready to ride as is but features logos that are decals over a clear coat, so they can be easily removed if you choose to work with a custom painter. The frameset includes a second set of decals to be applied after painting.
- Shimano Di2 or SRAM AXS is recommended when choosing components for the SL7 frame build
- Frame: S-Works Tarmac SL7 FACT 12R Carbon w/ Rider First Engineering (Threaded BB) (Flat Mount Disc) (12 x 142mm Thru Axle)
- Fork: S-Works FACT Carbon (Flat-Mount Disc) (12 x 100mm Thru Axle)
- Seatpost: S-Works Tarmac Carbon Seatpost (20mm Offset)
- Stem: Tarmac Integrated Stem (6° Angle)
- Seat Binder: Tarmac Integrated Wedge
This product was added to our catalog on November 16, 2022