Spyre SLC brake calipers utilize two piston movement for evenly applied rotor contact, resulting in optimum braking power and modulation. The SLC version includes a upgraded carbon actuation arm for maximum rigidity and weight savings.
- Ramped ball bearings offer smooth pad engagement and precise modulation
- Works with ALL cable actuated road levers. Compressionless (linear strand) housing is highly recommended
- TRP ultra-grippy semi-metallic pads. These are compatible with Shimano M525/M515 pads
- Intended for Road and CX use
- Mounting hardware, rotors and adaptors sold separately
- Flat Mount
Brake Type: Mechanical Disc
Brake Lever Pull: Short Pull
Brake Mount: Flat Mount
Brake Pads: Semi-Metallic
Barrel Adjuster: Yes
Rotor Included: No
This product was added to our catalog on March 6, 2019
They’re compatible with 6-bolt and CL rotors, and I paired mine with SRAM Paceline CL without a problem. I also recommend a compressionless housing for better performance.
Once the pads were bedded in, I felt the stopping power! These perform as well as my SRAM AXS hydraulic set on one of my road bikes. If you’re looking for a good mechanical set that is compatible with any mechanical groupset, these are the ones.